Saturday, March 31, 2012

Finely Feeling Like Myself

So ten days after chemo I am finely feeling like my old self.  I find myself "nesting" and wanting to get A LOT done, because I only have ten more days to feel so good!  Not that I am complaining too much, but I sure am amazed by the numbers of people that I know going through this process . . . I am lucky that I have started from a healthy starting point -

I cooked all day today - started cleaning out closets,  ran errands,  and finally took the WIG off, and walked in and told DJ he would just have to deal with the real me.  It went OK - and he agreed that Maggie and I look a lot alike!

The WIG does get hot!

I think I should write that letter to each one of my children that I told myself I would do the last couple of years now.  So they would know how much I truly love each one of them,  to tell them I am sorry if I ever hurt them - expectations of perfection ran deep in my childhood - but most of all to try to give them some bits of wisdom that has taken me 6o years  to learn (and now wrangle with the idea that I may succumb to this cancer at some point in my life - even if it is 20 years from now), wisdom that may help them make it through life a little easier.  I will love them all forever - throughout eternity. 

My mother left me a note that I discovered after she died on the back of my baby picture, "Linda, I will love you throughout eternity - Mother."   I didn't really know or appreciate how much she loved me, no matter how difficult the years were with her,  until I actually had my first child.  

Lessons learned in Life are not always timely.

2 comments:

  1. I am crying at work... Thanks Mom :) Call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying at work too... Linda, what a great idea. Love you, Lacy K

    ReplyDelete