Sunday, March 25, 2012

Katie Walters

Katie came by to see me on Saturday - to remind me that I have to take her to the airport on Tuesday April 3rd,  she kept telling me Wednesday April 3rd, and I said "No, Katie - Tuesday is April 3rd".

She finally agreed .  she is Nana's sister and always has an honest word to say - she doesn't have a filter, but then Nana would say that those that are "special" speak with a clear heart.

She asked how I was feeling and I said pretty good.   She went on to say "Yep you know when you get the cancer, it always comes back. There isn't a way of stopping it, it always comes back.  That's the bad thing about the cancer, it always comes back."

All I could do was agree with her.  Hopefully it won't come back for about 20 years - my grandmother lived until 98!!!

2 comments:

  1. Does't always come back....I'm 20 years out this summer--knock wood. Of course, that girl underwent drastic renovation and is but a shell of her former self leaving little opportunity for cancer to reappear there. I believe i my heart of hearts that you will have a similar experience and will continue to be cancer free well into your 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remission - 13 years. It doesn't always come back. PTL! Keep up the spirits and the faith, Linda. You rock!

    ReplyDelete