Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It is done




Jana, Linda, Meganne, and Paula all went with me to my "champagne shave".....which my hair stylist Melissa decided I should just be shorn about 1/2" instead. Good idea! Wow, the real me is almost all silver white..except for two brown spots on either side of my forehead. (from the twins) It was a fun time, we drank champagne, ate chocolate dipped strawberries by Paula, chocolates and cookies from Herrod's in England. Took lots of pictures and videos...and laughed! I am not sorry for doing this today, I feel in charge for the time being. Until the Super Vitamins take over again. I will still shave it all when the hair actually falls out. My friend Mary will be in chemo every three weeks for forever....if anyone deserves a daily prayer it is her. She told me that all white things taste good. I told her how funny that just the night before I had white bread at a restaurant and it was the first thing that tasted good all week! I remember how in awe I was of everything I saw daily in Michigan when we first moved here. I need to do that more now. At least tonite when the chemo hot flashes hit....my hair won't be sweaty. I can sleep in for fifteen minutes longer before I get up to go to work too! Tomorrow we will see who guesses I have a wig on. Will post pictures tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment