Friday, March 16, 2012

March 5 - 10th - Week in Review

Monday Dan and DJ leave for a trade show in Eastern Pennsylvania -Karen and I drop into the office after we have taken Maggie home to Peninsula Drive home - worried about leaving her alone at our vacation warm home because she gets so anxious.  Xanex - that is what she needs, but I won't share mine.

So dropping by the office meant - having to do a few things for Dan before he takes off  - they are supposed to leave at Noon to start the 14 hour drive - they get out at 5:30 pm. 

Karen and I drop by the wig place so I can show her some of my choices - store closed.

Karen is driving me around and it is driving me crazy - control is an issue for me.

We had so many plans for the week to get so much done at home . .at least I did. TAXES . I am needing to get them done  - but put it off for another day.

I can't remember where we go out to dinner - but I know we did.  We were committed to not cooking while we had no power. . even though we were spending the night in a home that had power.  I wish I could remember because we did eat out every single night.

But as of this writing -  I now remember we spent dinner on Saturday March 3rd at the Scott's Harbor Grill with the Meganne and Keith, Cameron and his girlfriend Bethany - and Uncle Tim!  We actually graduated from the Elk's club - which the same group spent the night of my surgery on Friday night.
(That is right because Dan and Karen came back to visit me Friday night after my surgery after their meeting at the Elk's club and brought me beautiful mauve roses from Uncle Tim.  Typically at the Elk's club if you order a drink - like a scotch let's say - it comes to the table looking root beer color because it is a very strong drink.  Needless to say - I was tired and much more sober than my husband and sister - sorry - this is just a memory I needed to put in my mind)

It occurs to me know that blogging is a great memory recorder - and since that is my worst quality - maybe I should blog forever.

Tuesday - Karen and I sleep again at East Bay Blvd, and in the morning are hoping that power will be back on at my house. Day 4 of our back and forth from house to house.

We run errands during the day - and then get the message at 3:00pm that our power is back on - we charge over to see how the food looks in the refrigerator and freezers.  Most has started thawing - we throw everything out excepts Dan's lamb.  Thank goodness - but quite honestly some of the food in all of the three refrigerators was so old it needed to be cleaned out. . .a cleansing!

Just like the cleansing I know that I am faced with - one on a physical level, the other on a spiritual level. 

My sister and I meet Megan at the Taize Mass at St. Francis Catholic Church - it is a half hour mass of meditation, darkness, candles and listening to Fred the pianist sing and play beautiful songs. I prayed for my children  - I always do.

We go to dinner with Meganne - damn where did we go?  Ah ha -  I remember it now - we went to Mode's  - fun old fashioned bar in town - - we called Jack who was coming home with his girlfriend Jessica's kitty - (Banned from the house by Dan - but hey he was out of town.)  as he was babysitting  Sophie.   So we had "The Wedge"  awesome - and I made sure to pick off everyone else's plate - Jack showed up just in time to eat with us.  The sharing drives Meganne nuts. . .hahahahah sorry - we share the Bailey's.

Home at night in my own home - it is warm - and my Jackson Pratt is a Thorn in my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment