Thursday, March 22, 2012

1st Day After

The hot flashes started last night!   WET!  But, that is the only symptom so far!

Did Pilates at 5:00am this morning with the group - Maggie, Tobi, Dr. John, and John - decided I better show up because they are all wearing the CANCER SUCKS t-shirts I bought them all back in December for Dr. John - who is an amazing inspiration because his cancer really SUCKS!  But he is hanging in there and fighting hard - he didn't even lose his hair.

Went back to bed after Pilates - 6:15AM - WAITING to see if I felt anything yet.
Slept until 9:00am - then Tommy (son #3) and I went to Chez Peres for breakfast - he loved it!  Cafe Au Lait and Beignets!

I had to go back to the oncologist's Dr.K for a shot!  It is supposed to help me grow bone marrow and muscle cells because the SUPER VITAMINS kill these as well as any wayward cancer cells.  When I walked in, one of the technicians said, "hey weren't you the lady in here yesterday with the green hair?"  I said "yes", and he said "well I was wondering if I would know who you were without it?"  I said, "I am hard to forget huh?"  Humble.

Well, I was really humbled because they made me go back to the room where they had my chemo yesterday for the shot!  Tammi, my new BFF oncologist nurse asked me my last name - I told her BrickHouse - she smiled because she remembered me from yesterday.  And then she asked me if my age was then 02-12-1942 just to be smart back at me.  Shot was easy - seeing all the men today in the barcoloungers was not - they all looked like they were ready to die.  I put my fingers in my ears and went "LALALALALA" as one was describing his ordeal.  I hope he didn't have breast cancer.

Still feeling well -so I went to the grocery store - -

I made my stop into the office - to answer emails and show them that I am still here!  I do like to make sure that everyone is enjoying their job - it is hard when you are the wife in the office - I hear all the water cooler talk which Dan doesn't even know exists!   But hey - I have been here since 2003.  I will work more from home in the future I think.

Drinking lots of water -  I guess my urine is dangerous - per the instruction booklet - all the chemo washes out in 48 hours - so I can't have any chemical splashes!!!!!  So I double flush and spray with chemicals to clean the bowl and seat!  Housework!

The book even talks about sexuality while you are on chemo - REALLY?? 

I opened my Angel book today that Di gave me so long ago - I close my eyes and open it randomly -

Today's reading was for "The Angel of Living" - Living with God in your heart - and living with other's that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment