Friday, March 16, 2012

March 4th

No power in the am - - still.  We don't make it to Church as I am moving a bit slow . .and we are cold in the house.  Good thing I didn't live during the time of "The Little House on the Prairie" - I wouldn't have made it. Spoiled!   Fortunately my text to BB in Chicago finally makes sense to her - because they were not without power in Chicago - they hadn't heard about our storm. Anyhow - Karen, Maggie and I move into Terry and BB's house on East Shore Blvd. . once Nana's house.  They have redone the house inside with new paint colors, carpeting, and darling pillows, lamps, bedspreads - fun colors. . .truly a redo that Nana would have loved - and her presence is still there. It was comforting.

DJ came home from his trade show in New York - and we went out to dinner again.  We went to Uncle Tim's for sandwiches and garden vegetable soup from his garden. (Totally snowed in - he made the soup and froze it over the summer - delicious.)  Bob and Nancy came  -  Edie and Wally Dawg, my sister, Dan and then DJ showed up as well to be with all of us older generation.

All the trees are heavily laden with fresh white snow . . . a beauty that we had missed this whole winter which had been very short.  My sister had never seen something like this and she was amazed.

I slept on the couch, Karen slept upstairs in the king size bedroom, and Maggie laid by my side on the floor. It was great to have heat.

Dan and DJ braved the cold and stayed at our home to prevent against freezing of the pipes.  DJ was REALLY cold!  Big baby!

I try not to think too much about the week ahead of me - waiting to hear the final pathology report is still four days away.


I think of Erma Bombeck and wonder what kind of breast cancer she had . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment