Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Week Before Chemo

This will be the third time I have written this page -  I hope I can remember from Sunday March 11.  Just trying to catch up to stay current.

Saw Dr. Tom on Tuesday am -  I have to keep that thorn in my side, still in my side.  But I can go to Iowa with Dan.


Tuesday evening was spent at the Elm's Club with the most gentle man I have ever known - George - we toasted to his wife Lillian whom he had been married to for 60 years.  His love for her still, humbled me.  We will all work to help keep him busy as he spends time without her physically near.  He is 97 I think.

Dan and I leave Thursday for the Iowa trade show -  and return via Chicago on Saturday to catch up with Tommy.   Late dinner and wine . .and then off to O'Malley's for some green beer.  I wore my green wig  - - Dan and I were the oldest Irish in the place. . . saw some extremely dirty dancing while we were there, made ME blush!

Sunday we came home and Uncle Tim had made boiled dinner for us. . .what a treat! We ate outside as it was in the 70s . .weird weather.

Tommy was going out to meet with his good friend - and before he went out he shaved his head.
He looks very handsome.

Tomorrow I will see Dr. Tom again - and the week that I have probably been worried about the most is finally here.   Seriously,  I don't like to be sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment