Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chemo #2


So, went to breakfast with Dan after packing my bag for the office (the oncolgist's office where I will be for three hours)at McDonald's for coffee and oatmeal! 9:15 am is my appointment time so I have to in for CBC labs first. Ruth was not my friend, the pin prick in my finger hurt, and it hurt worse than anything else that happened today! I saw Dr. K and told him I did well my first treatment and he agreed. He liked the new me wherein I switched my real wig out for Katie M's Hot Pink Wig and my new boa and pink t-shirt from Halee B! Of course Melanie who was my nurse today got a big kick out of it and Tami from the last time told me she figured. Meganne McC came to take pictures of me on her birthday! I had her Easter present with me that said "wine takes the bitch out of me". Seriously she liked it! What a great friend to continually photograph me! Paula P dropped by during my chemo to give Meganne her beautiful birthday necklace. I still have to get her present. I spoke to some of the other chemo gals today....one has been in about 18 times for lung cancer! She looked like she was in her 70's and was very chipper. Another young woman walked in and after Paula and Meganne left I questioned her! She had breast cancer and thyroid cancer previously. She has had 16 chemo appts and the next 6 weeks she has to have chemo! 32 years old with four children, with a smile on her face. What an inspiration.....I will pray for her everyday...I will see her in three weeks. Ok...I went shopping and bought a green sweatshirt for Ireland and a shawl for Church. THEN I WENT AND HAD MY HEAD SHAVED to beat the mess...it is a buzzed 0, the kind Dan used to do for the boys! Went to work for two hours...might get used to this! I left the refrigerator wide open after I left for work this am after I took all my herbal extras! Yikes, good thing DJ went home for lunch and discovered it! The men in my house don't want to see me bald...so I am wearing a soft "swimming cap look" hat made for me by a dear friend! Goodnight Moon! We will see about tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. you inspire me! When life gives you lemons you make a lemon drop martini! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete