Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Steroids, Chemo 3, and Xanax!!!!!!!!!

Rainy day as I sit here having my Super Vitamins injected in my left arm, they can never use my right arm forever because of the lymph node removal on that side. I am wearing a black T Shirt that Tobi C, who does my pedicures in life, made for me to wear today. It has white letters on it that says "Save Second Base". I am also wearing my son Tommy's platinum mullet wig!  So what does the steriods do for me....well I stayed awake all night and never went to bed! Working on a FuN project for the office that no one even knows that I am doing. That is impressive. I am so tired!!!! No sleep last night and so I am fading here, I also have a full bladder and I can hardly stay awake.    (I wrote that when I was totally asleep!)

Everyone was excited as I snored during my procedure - I kept catching myself - and would wake up and everyone laughed.   I had also taken the two Xanax - did I say how much I like these for this anxiety thing pre-procedure.  I am very lucky because I have no problems during the chemo time.
This is the first time that I slept.  Paula came to visit me and brought me a muffin.  She caught me sleeping when she came in. I scarfed down the muffin.  I gained 2 lbs this trip - have to watch out!  Bob and Shelley, her hair stylists sent us the attractive rain bonnets to protect our hair - wow - I never thought that I would wear something like this - but hey, they work.
I was really done when Paula arrived - so we went back to Salon Elan to show them my choice of wigs!  I thought this was platinum, but it was really yellow!

Dr.  K is thinking he will have me do two more, so a total of 6 procedures - just for good luck I guess.  He said he will see how this one (#3) and the next  one (#4) goes before he decides.  Maybe I am looking too good and too funny - but if I need it as an extra procaution - I guess I will go for it.   We will see - -

Listening to a GREAT tape - Anti Cancer - A New Way of Life - worth everyone reading.

Going to try to go out for Mexican Food tonight - probably the last night that food will taste good for awhile!   For my last treatment - I think I will have a big SURPRISE for the office!  I keep them cracking up - at least for now!



1 comment:

  1. To my dear long time friend,
    In all the many years I have known you, which have been many, you are still the darling, witty, entertaining and loving soul, with a great since of humor, you have always been. You are an inspiration to us all. I am "blessed" to call you my lifelong friend. I wish I lived closer to go through this journey with you but I am there in spirit. Love you, Su

    ReplyDelete