Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day 2012



A day late and a week or so short...but it was my best Mother's Day weekend ever..spent with my daughter Megan and her ever accepting of his MOL...my SOL...Joe! I went with them all day Saturday looking for houses...and of course I had the hardest time not putting my two cents in...in Japan the elders are considered for their wisdom...here, you have to watch about putting your two cents in! Lots of quipping with the realtor Michael who probably wanted to throw me out of the car when I asked too many questions and commented on his personal "too soon for activity with his new girlfriend"! I know I made points with Megan and Joe on that one!!!! Next time I go I will wear duct tape over my mouth! Sunday however was a very emotional day spent with Megan and Joe, Sue, Katie, and Tony Martin at the Susan G Koman Breast Cancer Race for the Cure at the Mall of America in Minneapolis. I decided we would decorate bras to wear over the outside of their racing clothes and so we did! We feathered, blinged ,used sparkly space looking balls, and cut nipple holes out of a bright red bra that my SOL Joe graciously wore in the race without complaining. I love him! And we were the ONLY ones wearing anything like that..getting comments from everyone. We were blown away that no one else had thought to do this...and there were LOTS of racers! ( of course we didn't see every one, but we like to think that we were trendsetters) 200K is the amount of people they thought were at this event. I saw friends crying and hugging as they finished the race...sobbing for someone they had lost due to this disease. Many raced with signs on their backs for "in memory of a loved one", but many wore signs celebrating survivors too! I choose to be a survivor, and I hope to run in that race next Mother's Day with my daughter. What a club to be in!

No comments:

Post a Comment