Friday, May 11, 2012

One Week Ago!!

So after this past Chemo..which I think the doctor wants to do two than the original four just for extra help...not sure I want to but I guess I will have to do THREE MORE! I was more tired this time...but it could be because I partied for Cinco De Mayo with company and the family. We cooked Mexican food on Saturday..DJ made his famous guacamole, Dan, Uncle Tom and I all made Chicken mole, I made Spanish rice, Mexican flank steak, and we bought tamales! Found the best canned refried beans ever, why would I ever try to make them from scratch now? Oh and don't forget the Margaritas. Unfortunately I cooked again and it all tasted like S_IT because of the Chemo. So, I slept a little more...just naps from all the partying! THE OTHER SYMPTOMS.... Food still tastes like S_IT.....it is like my tongue is burnt and for a much longer time this time. No sores inside though so thAt is good! No hand rash...Yeah!!! My fingernails hurt, but they are not numb. They actually seem to be stronger. Weird. The chemo goes through your whole system...and it burns the whole EXIT area...leaving a few sores. I will have to find some type of homeopathic treatment for the next time. Cotton underware for sure....annoying. Otherwise I am back up and running. So I guess the next treatment is May 23rd, and I will be 2/3rds done! Much easier than most of the patients that I spend time with at the oncologist's office. Much easier than some of my friend's I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment