Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dear Diary after Chemo #4

So I haven't written in awhile...busy with company from Minnesota after chemo #4. Sue M. And Katie M., mother and daughter who helped me make it through. Just needed two naps...and I kept up. I will admit that I go to bed earlier these days. The hot topic was "Shades of Grey"' so I admit I am reading it...Holy Smoke...the "vanilla sex" just about did me in....and my 26 year old daughter has read all three books. Man, I sure didn't tell her enough about the "facts of life" based on this book, YIKES! Some of the girls in my book club thought it was just wrong.....so a few of us started a "sub"club" and we will have props to show for our next reading. Holy Cow .....even the town of Newport , Rhode Island is hot for this book..the book store in town is buying back used copies because they can't keep them on the shelves. Those of you who have read the book will know the meaning behind the use of the phrase "Holy________" because the lead character uses it a lot and she is a very well read heroine!!!! .I will probably have a hard time sitting still on the plane as we fly to Ireland next week (all 7 of us! :) as I intend to download the next two sequel books on my IPAD so I have some good reading for the trip. Symptoms now are dry skin, it wants to crawl, rummy eyes again although not as bad, burnt tongue, and kinda pooped! Work is ending for e...not sure if I quit or just got ignored. Stress causes cancer,,,hmmmm! Needing to catch up with friends...but tired now and will sleep. " Shepard Me O God Beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into Life"

1 comment:

  1. Shades of Grey to get you through chemo. WOW... My Megan has read all three books also. In fact, on our car trip to Texas I believe she was reading the first book again. Can't get enough??? Is that a pun?

    ReplyDelete