Thursday, August 16, 2012

Radiation August 7th

A whirlwind weekend was had in California for a beautiful wedding in Pasadena.  Life is ever experiencing change and new passages.  I was actually the guest book girl for the mother of the bride at the same reception country club over 30+ years ago. And now her beautiful daughter Katie married and celebrated with her husband in the same surroudings.  No guest book girl though!



So then last Tuesday, August 7th, I started my first day of radiation.  Paula P went with me to meet with Dr. Dave's assistant.  She reviewed the procedure, and then I was led down to the treatment area. So my NEW friends in the radiation area are Lori, Liz, and John.  John frequently gets to see my whole boob right in his face!!!!  Again, they strap me down, arms above my head, knees over a triangular pillow, ankles strapped.  Yep, just like “Shades of Grey”.  Anyhow, we will see how it goes!  Dosage time seems to only be a about two minutes. Breakfast afterwards.  This is my life for 29 more days, not including weekends!


I am  wondering what side efffects I will have - drinking aloe vera gel and using emu oil topically to hopefully lessen the side effects.

My hair is barely starting to grow back WHITE - all but one eyelash remains on each eye - and I slightly lost some eyebrow hairs on each eyebrow. DAMN!  (I hear the new thing is tatooing for older women whose eyebrows have turned white - not sure I can go there - these better grow back!)  The word is that the first hair to be lost, is the first to come back,  and the last hair to go (eyebrows just last month) is the last to come back.


 I wonder if I will be glowing by September?

No comments:

Post a Comment